Wednesday 20 July 2016

Stacy Lattisaw - The Hard Way (1986)



I wish I could say I have known about this song for years, but truthfully, I just found this song mere weeks ago, and I must have listened to it at least 2 dozen times since then. This song has done gone FM CRAZY. FM Keys and Bass are just pulsating out of this track with excess.

Can I just say it? The bass line in this track is outrageous! It's off the rails. This is a digital equivalent of a full on master in the art of slappin' da bass.

As a bonus, you get some fantastic vocals from Stacy Lattisaw, and one hell of a ripping synth solo (not sure if the solo is FM).

As a bonus bonus, turns out this so was co-written by Sue Shifrin, who wrote an earlier track in the Summer of FM: John Farnham's Break the Ice! I actually found this song because I was looking for other songs she had written, and this one came up, and was in the right time frame to be loaded with FM. it did not disappoint. I don't think this is the last we'll see of Sue Shifrin's work on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment