Wednesday 14 June 2017

Scritti Politti - Hypnotize (1985)



Wow, this is from 1985... This is not only pretty early FM, but early sampling as well. This is quite simply an ultra high tech track for 1985. I can't stress the year enough. The keyboardists name is David Gamson. I am not extremely curious what else this guy did through the 80s, because he really had his finger on the pulse of the brand new stuff.

As for the song, and the band. Scritti Politti is not a band I think I enjoy, but I respect. It's pretty much the cleanest corporate high tech 80s sound there is. Even the vocals sound corporate. The production just strikes me as, I don't know, something you might find in a christian music store or something. It's that clean sounding. Though, the lyrics appear to be anything but.

A weird band with a wild sound.


Also, here's the video for the track. Sound quality is a lot worse though, so I opted to share the CD version first.

No comments:

Post a Comment